Packing your own food shouldn’t mean cold, tired leftovers. Spice up your lunch with this Tex Mex inspired salad. Layer fresh ingredients with a Qi’a nutrient boost, zesty lime, and fun veggies for an inspired noon meal that’ll keep you energized (and sustainable) all afternoon
Salad in a Jar
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 cup black beans
- 1 cup corn
- 1/2 cup Nature’s Path Qi’a ™ Original
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 4 cups chopped romaine
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Layer evenly in 4 (2-cup) jars, the 1 tbsp green onions, 1/4 cup black beans, 1/4 cup corn, 2 tbsp Qi’a, 1/2 tbsp cilantro and 1/4 cup tomatoes.
- Whisk Lime Vinaigrette and divide evenly among mason jars.
- Top with romaine.
- Seal jars.
- Shake before serving.
- Serve with Crunchy Tortilla Crisps.
- Whisk lime juice with olive oil, honey, mustard, garlic, cumin salt and pepper.
Crunchy Tortilla Crisps:
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Toss tortilla crisps with oil.
- Arrange on a single layer on a large baking sheet.
- Bake, flipping half way for 8 to 10 minutes, or until golden brown and crispy.
- Serve with salad.