Switch up your morning oats with this delightful Tapioca Coconut Porridge! Creamy coconut milk, tapioca pearls, and shredded coconut make for a sweet, light vegan breakfast recipe that’s loaded with texture. Top this creamy tapioca porridge with granola, fresh fruit, seeds, nuts or nut butters.
- ¼ cup tapioca pearls
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup canned coconut milk
- 3 tbsp natural sweetener (maple syrup, evaporated cane sugar, etc.)
- 2 tbsp shredded coconut
- Pinch salt
- Toppings: fresh fruit, nut butters, flaked coconut, nuts and seeds, granola, etc.
- In a small saucepan, soak ¼ cup of tapioca pearls in 1 cup of water for 30 minutes. Do not drain.
- Turn heat to medium-low. Add coconut milk, sugar, coconut, and salt. Simmer gently for 15 minutes or until porridge is thick and tapioca pearls appear translucent.
- Transfer tapioca coconut porridge to a bowl and top with your favorite toppings.
Brittany Mueller is a Canadian-based vegan food blogger, recipe developer and photographer. Brittany's blog, I Love Vegan, features a delicious mix of home-style and healthy recipes perfect for vegans and the veg-curious!