Prep Time: Cook Time: Total Time: 35 to 40 minutes
- 1 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup Nature’s Path Flax Plus® Pumpkin Flax Granola
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice (recipe below)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper; set aside.
- Mix flaxseed with 2 1/2 tbsp water; set aside. Using electric mixer, cream together butter, brown sugar and honey until smooth. Beat in flaxseed mixture until well combined.
- Whisk together all-purpose flour, 1/2 cup granola, whole wheat flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda and salt; stir into butter mixture.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls (15 mL) onto baking sheets. Sprinkle some of the remaining granola over each cookie, pressing to adhere. Bake for about 18 minutes or until slightly browned.
Pumpkin Pie Spice:
- 1/4 cup cinnamon
- 2 tsp each ground ginger and nutmeg
- 1 tsp each ground cloves and allspice
Mix spices together. Store in a sealed jar.
Per 1 cookie
- Calories 80
- Fat 3g
- Cholesterol 5mg
- Sodium 35mg
- Carbohydrate 11g
- Fibre 0g
- Sugars 7g
- Protein 1g