Give your morning fuel a twist with this warm smoothie bowl that's inspired by the flavours of Mexican hot chocolate.
- 1 cup almond milk (or plant-based milk of choice)
- ¼ cup Nature's Path Old Fashioned Organic Oats
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1½ tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- Small pinch of nutmeg and cayenne pepper
- In a blender, combine all ingredients and blend for at least 1 minute, until thick and smooth. If you own a high-speed blender with a soup setting, use that to warm the mixture while it blends.
- For a smoothie to-go, pour into a mason jar. For a smoothie breakfast bowl, pour into a bowl and top with Nature’s Path Chia Plus Coconut Chia Granola.
Nicole Axworthy is a Canadian recipe developer and food photographer. She is the author of DIY Vegan, a cookbook that teaches you how to make your own vegan staples from scratch, and host of the popular food blog, A Dash of Compassion. Nicole holds a certificate in plant-based nutrition from Cornell University and the T. Colin Campbell Foundation.