Prep Time: Cook Time: 2 to Total Time: 20 minutes
Get your Spring-kick with these Hemp Plus® Frozen Waffle sandwiches and brighten the dish with a beautifully fresh spring pea and herb spread.
- 1/4 cup cream cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh shelled peas, cooked and mashed
- 2 tsp chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tsp chopped fresh chives
- 2 tsp chopped fresh dill
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 1/4 tsp lemon zest
- 1/4 tsp each salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 Nature’s Path Hemp Plus® Frozen Waffles
- 1 tbsp finely chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 8 thin slices cucumber
- 1 radish, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh baby spinach
- 1/3 cup shredded carrot
- Stir together cream cheese, peas, parsley, chives, dill, garlic, lemon zest, salt and pepper; set aside.
- Prepare waffles according to package directions.
- Cool completely.
- Spread cream cheese and pea mixture evenly over waffles.
- Top 2 of the waffles with sun-dried tomatoes, cucumber, radish, baby spinach and carrot; cap with remaining waffles.
- Cut each sandwich in half diagonally; place cocktail toothpicks into each half to hold sandwich together.
Tip: Add alfalfa sprouts to sandwich if desired.
Per 1 sandwich:
- Calories 330
- Fat 16g
- Cholesterol 25mg
- Sodium 750mg
- Carbohydrate 39g
- Fibre 7g
- Sugars 9g
- Protein 8g