Hold off on the cookies and start your morning with a gingerbread smoothie instead.
- 1 cup almond milk
- ¼ cup pitted dates
- 2 tbsp Nature’s Path Qi’a Superfood Original
- 2 tsp blackstrap molasses
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- In a blender, combine all ingredients and blend for at least 1 minute until thick and smooth.
- For a smoothie to-go, pour into a mason jar.
- For a smoothie breakfast bowl, pour into a bowl and top with Nature’s Path Flax Plus Vanilla Almond Granola.
Nicole Axworthy is a Canadian recipe developer and food photographer. She is the author of DIY Vegan, a cookbook that teaches you how to make your own vegan staples from scratch, and host of the popular food blog, A Dash of Compassion. Nicole holds a certificate in plant-based nutrition from Cornell University and the T. Colin Campbell Foundation.