The most heart-felt gifts are homemade. In just 20 minutes, this tasty brittle can be made and put aside for either snacking or giving to loved ones. Add a little ribbon to a mason jar and give out to your party guests.
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup brown rice syrup
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups Nature’s Path Love Crunch® - Gingerbread
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
- Heat sugar, water and rice syrup in a large heavy-bottomed saucepan set over medium-low heat, stirring until sugar is melted.
- Increase heat to medium and bring to boil.
- Boil, without stirring, until a candy thermometer reaches hard crack stage (300°F), occasionally brushing side of pan with pastry brush dipped in cold water.
- Remove pan from heat and immediately stir in salt and baking soda.
- Stir until foamy.
- Immediately pour onto prepared baking sheet and then sprinkle evenly with granola.
- Cool completely.
- Break into pieces.
Tip: Hard crack stage occurs when a candy thermometer reaches 300°F or when mixture is added to cold water and forms hard brittle threads that break when bent.
Calories per serving: 114
- Fat 1.5g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Sodium 44mg
- Carbohydrates 25g
- Fibre 0.5g
- Sugar 20.5g
- Protein 0.5g