These frozen granola bars from our friends at Oh Lardy, make a perfect on the go snack, chock full of nourishing ingredients like healthy fats, protein, whole grains, and superseeds as well as a touch of fermented goodness.
- 1 cup fermented bananas, strained (recipe below)
- 1 cup peanut butter (or nut butter of your choice)
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup coconut oil
- 1 cup shredded, unsweetened coconut
- 2 cups of Chia Plus™ Coconut Chia Granola
- 2 packets of Qi’a™ Superfood Gluten-Free Oatmeal -Superseeds & Grains
- 1/3 cup of Qi’a™ Superfood Cereal Original
- 1 cup dried cherries (or other dried fruit)
- Mix bananas, nut butter, maple syrup and coconut oil until well blended.
- Stir in coconut, granola, oatmeal, Qi’a and dried cherries.
- Spread into a 9x13 pan, lined with parchment paper.
- Put pan in freezer until firm (about 2 hours).
- Once frozen, remove from pan and cut into bars.
- Wrap bars in foil or plastic wrap and store in freezer.
- These bars must be eaten cold.
- Kept at room temperature, they will melt.
Prep Time: 5 minutes Cook Time: 12-48 hours
- 4 bananas, peeled and sliced
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp culture starter or 2 tbsp liquid whey
- Filtered water
- Add banana to quart size mason jar.
- Add salt and culture starter or whey.
- Fill with filtered water, leaving 1 ½ inch headspace.
- Tighten lid and leave at room temperature for 12-48 hours.
- Time for fermentation will depend on the temperature in your kitchen. Warmer kitchens = faster ferments.
- When the liquid is bubbling in the jar, open it up and taste the bananas.
- If you like them, transfer to refrigerator and enjoy within a month.