Cranberries are a must-eat this season, and with this delicious macaroon recipe, there’s no reason to miss out. Whip up this mix of shredded coconut, cranberries and organic Whole O’s cereal. Quick to make, even quicker to eat, and full of wholesome superfood ingredients.
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Pinch salt
- 3/4 cup Nature’s Path Whole O's™ Cereal
- 1/4 cup dried sour cherries
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine shredded coconut, coconut milk, honey, coconut flour, coconut oil, vanilla and salt in a small saucepan set over medium heat.
- Bring to boil and cook, stirring frequently, for 3 to 5 minutes or until mixture thickens and a spatula pulled through leaves a trail.
- Cool slightly.
- Fold in cereal and dried cherries.
- Spoon tablespoons of mixture onto prepared pan, spacing 2-inches apart.
- Bake in middle of the oven; cook for 12 to 15 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Cool completely.
- Store in airtight containers for up to 3 days.
Tip: Just as delicious with dried cranberries or apricots.
Calories per serving: 62
- Fat 3.5g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Sodium 28mg
- Carbohydrates 7.5g
- Fibre 1g
- Sugar 5.5g
- Protein 0.5g