Turn breakfast into dinner with this quick and colourful bowl of savoury oats
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup Nature’s Path Old Fashioned Organic Oats
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ⅛ tsp ground black pepper
- ½ cup grape tomatoes, halved
- ½ avocado, pitted and sliced
- Handful of baby spinach, baby kale, or arugula
- Combine water and oats in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium and simmer for 3 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until desired texture is achieved.
- Stir in the nutritional yeast, oil, salt, and pepper. Remove from heat and scoop into a large bowl or divide into two small bowls. Top with tomatoes, avocado and a handful of baby spinach. Serve immediately.
Nicole Axworthy is a Canadian recipe developer and food photographer. She is the author of DIY Vegan, a cookbook that teaches you how to make your own vegan staples from scratch, and host of the popular food blog, A Dash of Compassion. Nicole holds a certificate in plant-based nutrition from Cornell University and the T. Colin Campbell Foundation.